Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gran Habano 3 Siglo

I got 5 of these at a good price from CB and decided to give them a whirl.

PRE-LIGHT/LIGHT
It was a 7"x50 Churchill with a good look and a pleasant aroma.  I used a medium punch and toasted the end.
Upon lighting, I noticed a very tough draw with little smoke.

1ST THIRD


I struggled to get any smoke out of this stick.  It was a tough draw with little rewards in regards to smoke.  Hence, finding flavors out of this stick was very difficult.  It as tough to figure out what this cigar wanted to do.  Spicy/cocoa?  Spicy? Cocoa?  Who knows at this point.  It tried to come to it's own, but not until the second third.

2ND THIRD


In the second third, the stick started to come through.  There was a taste of sweet cocoa with a hint of pepper spice.  At this point, I thought It was going to turn pleasant.  I was getting plenty of smoke in the latter half of the second third.  The flavor of cashews started to come through.  I was thinking the final third could be good.

FINAL THIRD


The final third began with a .......... well, nothing!  The flavor left and the stick started to heat up.  In fact, it just got flat out hot.  So much so that after four puffs, I was done.

OVERALL


I was very pleased when I finally got through all five of these "cigars".  The other four were pretty much the same.  The only saving grace of this "cigar" was that it had some flavor during the middle of the 2nd third.

OAR SAYS: 8/19

No comments:

Post a Comment