Tuesday, March 8, 2011

601 Serie Green Habano Oscuro Tronco 5"x52

Looking at this cigar, I was itching to fire this puppy up!  The oily Nicaraguan Habano wrapper had me anticipating and rich, tasty smoked filled with mouth watering spices.  I was not disappointed!  I used a shallow medium punch, just enough to cut through the cap.  After toasting the end, I was beaming with joy when I took the first few puffs.  A soothing smoke filled my mouth with a mixture of spice and nuts.  


First Third


The spiciness of this stick was soothing.  Nothing overpowering, but an intensity you could feel throughout your mouth and nose.  the flavor bursts into your mouth, but teases you into believing your going to be overwhelmed.  However, the balance of the cigar did not let this happen.  The entire first third was a consistent, pleasant spiciness mixed with a nutty hint on the back end.


Second Third


Again, a great balance of spice and nuttiness.  Not much of a drastic change here.  She mellowed out a little bit but still maintained that nice balance.  The middle third had a soothing flavor and gave a certain creaminess that had a nice calming effect on me.  This part of the 601 was my favorite.  












Final Third


The cigar picked up the pace in the final third ... put seat belts on your taste buds, they are in for a great ride! The final third eased into a very rich smoke with bold spiciness and a hint of nuts.  I was pleasantly surprised at this point.  As rich and bold as it was, there was no hint of harshness.  I smoked it down to the nub, when the spice and creaminess left ... it was over.


Overall


I really enjoyed this cigar.  A great blend of spice, nuts and creaminess.  This cigar is full flavored throughout, yet soothing and relaxing.  This cigar would pair well with a good Bourbon, Bookers on the rocks would be my choice, after a good filet mignon dinner.  I will definitely have this stick again to see if I can pick up the leather and wood flavors I have read about in other reviews ... maybe I should have two or three or four more before I comment on my review!


OMAR SAYS: 17/19

No comments:

Post a Comment