Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oliveros Eight Zero Toro


This cigar was aged about two months in my humidor at 70-72%.  It is a beautiful stick to gaze your eyes upon.  It is a dark brown, slightly oily Habano wrapper that is smooth with very little to no noticeable veins.  The cigar is firm with no soft spots and has a well wrapped crown.  The smell is a nice mild tobacco yet spicy with sweet accents.  In all honesty, I was salivating just waiting to light this stick!  I used a medium sized punch on this stick.  During the light I loved the pull, it was nice and easy needing just the slightest pull.

1st 3rd
It had some earthy tones and enough of an edge to the flavor without being overly smooth.  It left a sweetness on the lips.  A creamy flavor developed with sweetness on the back of the tongue, almost a caramel and dark chocolate that was hiding itself.  The burn to start is perfect.  At the end of the first third the creaminess blended with the sweetness of dark chocolate and hints of coffee came into play.

2nd 3rd
Creamy smooth coffee….loving it (If Starbucks tasted like this I would be as addicted as my wife).  The coffee flavors lead into dark chocolate with a bitter chocolate ending.

Last 3rd
We really begin to add spice.  Don’t get me wrong there has been a nice spice to this stick in between, but it picks it up a notch.  There is dark chocolate and nut in the sinus.  It eventually gives way to a more tobacco and cream flavor.  The end burned a little warmer, but nothing to be concerned about.  Coffee notes continued with a nuttiness toward the end.

The Jester’s Performance
This is overall a well-balanced cigar.  It is a medium to full-bodied cigar.  I was very impressed with this cigar and certainly would place it in my normal rotation.  The best compliment I can give is that this cigar provided me with a great relaxing night that was enjoyable with every puff.  My taste buds did not have to strain to pick out what this cigar was offering, yet it offered a perfect buffet of flavors.  I wouldn’t wait to be comp'ed to go to this buffet in Vegas, I would be willing to pay out of pocket!

Jester says 16/19

No comments:

Post a Comment