Thursday, March 24, 2011

La Aurora Preferido #2 Ruby Edition Tube - Maduro

Size 5"x54
Wrapper Maduro (Connecticut Broadleaf)
Drank Jim Beam Rye on the rocks with Pelligrino and a lemon wedge.

I was so excitied about this stick.  I have had the La Aurora Gold (Corojo) and the Platinum (Cameroon).  I absolutely loved both of those sticks and could not wait for the Ruby.  the look of the cigar is what you would expect out of a La Aurora Preferido.  A great looking cigar with small veins in the wrapper.  Wrapped to perfection.  I snipped the end less than 1/4".

1st Third
 When I lit the cigar, the flavors came through immediately.  there was no waiting for the tip to burn.  I got the taste of rich tobacco.  Plenty of smoke filled my mouth on every draw.  This was a very smooth stick with a nice easy draw.  As I continued in the first third, I got a progression to a slightly spicy flavor, but not peppery.  Did I mention the incredible boneless New York Strip I had that night?  I was so freakin' good.  I had it with grilled asparagus.  Both of them were brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with Weber's Chicago Steak seasoning.  I digressed.






2nd Third


In the second third, the stick transitioned into a cigar with the same flavors as the first third, but much bolder.  The consistent flavor of the ruby had me smiling for about 30 minutes, and then there was the final third.



Last Third


The ruby began to get harsh.  It left a residue on my tongue.  In fact, this turned into exactly what I never want from the final third of a cigar.  It gave me a little bit of ammonia flavor.  I was extremely disappointed in the final third.  So much so that I threw it out before I even got through the first half of the final third.



In General

I love the La Aurora name and every stick I have smoked by them ... except the Ruby.  I would not buy this again.  I would rather spend the same amount of money on two less expensive, better sticks.

OMAR SAYS:   11/19

No comments:

Post a Comment